I first want to start by thanking Niki for nominating me. It truly is an honor! And for the few people who will be reading this & who may not know her blog, you should definitely check it out!
Now, on to the 10 questions asked of me
1)What did you write before you started blogging? (Journal, short stories, nothing…)
Well I’ve always loved writing so I had several journals over the years where I wrote everything. And when I say everything I mean EVERYTHING! I started several stories & fictions but never finished them because for some reason after 2 or 3 chapters I don’t know what to do with them, I wrote all kinds of poems, I wrote articles, open letters & letters to my favourite celebrities at the time…everything. I just love expressing myself through writing.
2)Who did you first share your blog with?
The first person I shared my blog with is a really good & close friend whom I practically consider a sister & what’s funny about it is that I met her on twitter & we have yet to meet. Oh the power of the internet…
3)Who do you hope reads your blog most or who do you hope doesn’t?
Hmmm…Can I say that I hope everyone reads my blog? I don’t have a specific public that I want to reach to. I just want people in general to read my blog.
4)How long do you typically spend creating a post from start to publish?
Not very long to be honest. Usually, I get an idea for an article & usually it happens at the most uncommon places where I can’t write so I start building the article in my mind. Usually I always have the beginning & ending in mind before I write the article. And when I write, It just flows. I try to speak from my heart & not overthink what I write so if I have to time it i would say maybe an hour tops? And that’s what I love the most about writing. It almost comes naturally.
5)Do you secretly hope for a post to go viral? Why or why not?
If I have to be honest I secretly hope for all my posts to go viral. But I would say that I hoped for my post about my country Tunisia to go viral more than the others because it’s a post close to my heart. And I think that it all stems from a need of being “reassured”. I just love having feedback on my articles & when people love my writing I always think “Ok so you’re good at it… kind of”.
6)What piece of advice would you give your younger self?
This is a tough question. Hmm.. I would probably tell her to let go of her mother’s skirt more often. I would advise her to get out of her comfort zone because that’s when she will truly be living. I will tell her to fight her shyness & to open up to people more.
7)What smell takes you right back to your childhood?
This may sound weird but it’s the smell of my father’s perfume right before I leave the house to go to school. I remember when he put his perfume it would spread to every corner of our house & i would leave the house with that scent still strong in my nostrils. Oh how I miss these days now…
8)If you had to move today, no questions asked to another country, which would it be and why?
It would probably be the United States. New York precisely. I think ever since the time I reached 12 which also was the time where I started to really learn english outside of school, I had a fascination with the USA. I felt like everything was possible there…everything was bigger, everything was brighter, everything was prettier & for a girl coming from a small country seeing the array of possibilities was exciting. At 12 years old, it seemed like fun. It still does seem like fun but now I have a vision of that “dream”. I chose New York especially because it houses the headquarters of the United Nations which is my ultimate goal, career wise. But I also feel that if I was a city, I would be New York. I don’t know, there’s a poetry to it that is really appealling to me. It has that dreamy, artsy, nostalgic side to it & those are 3 things that definitely define me. I feel like I could fit in there.
9)If you could live in any time period (other than the present) what would it be and why?
It would have to be the 1920s. I feel like it was a fun period all over the world. Countries were prospering economically, music was a very important part of the daily life, dance styles were rising and I feel like people were truly happy then. And I mean, I would’ve loved to wear those pretty vintage dresses & to put a feather in my hair without it being Halloween or a themed/costume party.
10)If a movie were to be made about your life, what would it be called and who would play you in the movie?
Oh boy…Well first, I hope my life gets interesting to the point where someone wants to make a movie based on it. I can’t find any good movie titles so I will go with the only proper proposition I have which would be “Once upon a dream”. As for the person that would play me, I will go with Gina Rodriguez (if you don’t know her she plays Jane in the tv show Jane The Virgin) She’s very funny, very articulate, a strong opinionated figure & I can identify to some of her traits.
Now, here are my nominees…I won’t nominate 10 bloggers because being new here I don’t know that many bloggers…You don’t have to accept this nomination but it really is a fun thing to do. At least I know I had fun answering the questions. But I understand to each its opinion… so without further ado :
- Musings of an insomniac an incredibly talented writer who has a way with words that hits you right in your core.
- Darkland Poetry My latest follower as in a couple of minutes ago. I really like the name of the blog & will defintely check it out very soon.
- Karima’s universe A blog of one of my Scandal friends. She talks about all things Scandal & herself. Just like me so be sure to check her out.
- Ain’t nobody got time A blog about politics & the little things of life with a touch of humor as you can already see by the title of the blog.
- Ben A blog about the life of a business & marketing student. There are very good posts on there.
- She’s a seeker I really love this blog! The writer talks about what she goes through in life, her feelings in such a simple & beautiful way.
Liebster award rules :
- Thank your nominator
- Share the award on your blog (by award meaning the image of the liebster award)
- Answer the 10 questions asked to you
- Ask 10 questions to 10 new nominess who have less than 300 followers
- Notify your nominess
10 Questions for you to answer :
- What or who made you want to write?
- Do you have a hero or a person that really inspires you? If so, who is it?
- What’s your best childhood memory?
- Which country do you really want to visit and why?
- What was your dream job when you were a kid?
- What is a perfect day for you?
- What’s your all time favourite book?
- If you could share a meal with any person, dead or alive, who would it be?
- Are you more of a tv show or a movie person?
- How do you envision your life in 10 years?
If you want to partake in this, please notify me in the comments section so I can read your posts.